Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party

I came across this blog posting by Brenda who I don't know but if we meet, I am buying her a beer.

At Hanover College, I spent my entire weekends at frat parties.  My friends and I knew which houses to go for the best parties, who had the cutest pledges, and which guys would give us the drinks we liked and let us control the music.  (What can I say, we are very persuasive and we traveled in a pack.  Its pretty difficult to say no to a group of girls like us.  Especially if half the group is distracting you and the other half is doing what they wanted to do anyway.)

But I digress.  I have included the top 10 from the original blog post below and I highly suggest checking out the comments.

Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party


10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.

9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.

8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.

7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.

6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.

5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.

4. There's definitely going to be a fight.

3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.

2. There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.

1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.

Its funny, because it's true.

Source:  Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party, From http://www.suburbansnapshots.com/

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...