Thursday, October 7, 2010

Time To Clean the Bathrooms

I love to clean.  I know it sounds crazy, but its true.  I love having a clean house and not having a clean house makes me crazy.  I have also used cleaning as stress relief before.  Taking out my anger and frustration on the kitchen helps me work out my aggression and I get a clean kitchen in the process.

As much as I love to clean, I hate cleaning the bathrooms.  The worst part about cleaning the bathrooms is definitely cleaning the tub.  I don't know why I hate it, but I do.

Luckily, I have been able to recruit a bathroom cleaning partner.  There are two bathrooms in our house, a boys bathroom and a girls bathroom.  Yes, we have segregated bathrooms.  Its better this way, trust me.

For some reason, Daulton really wants to scrub the toilet using the toilet brush.  I have no idea what the fascination is but I am going to take all the help I can get.  The toilet brush desire probably comes from the fact I have never let him do it until now.

I don't consider myself an organic, green person but having Daulton around and having him do chores around the house has made me think twice about what I use to clean.  I found some natural spray cleaner and we use denture cleaning tabs for the toilet (drop a couple in, let them work for a few minutes, then scrub and they are pretty cheap, $3 for 60).  The bubbles are fun to watch and I don't worry about him breathing in any chemicals.  And honestly, Matt and I shouldn't be breathing in that stuff either.

Usually we are a tag team, but this past time we each took a bathroom and worked on them separately.  The results were pretty awesome.  The counter was cleaned, the toilet sparkling, and only a few streaks on the mirror.  I can live with streaks if that means it is one less bathroom I have to clean.

Its nice to have a cleaning partner and I feel good about teaching Daulton how to help out around the house.  And I think he realizes that keeping the house looking nice requires a team effort.  Because if I have to clean everything by myself I am going to be a very cranky lady.  So really, its in his best interest to help out.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Denture tablets for the toilet - definitely going to have to try that one. Daulton looks like a very dedicated little helper :) That means in a couple more years I will have 2 dedicated little helpers! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky he wants to help with cleaning. I hate scrubbing the toilet too. For my luck husbund don't mind to do it ;)
    after builders cleaning London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha:) That's great, Ab! At the old house, we kind of did the same thing...girls' bathroom and boys' bathroom. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! I need a cleaning partner!! Is he available to rent?! JK. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Oddly, I enjoy cleaning the bathrooms best...I love seeing the spots (which appear in a matter of days) disappear from the mirror, soap scum disappear from the shower, and I LOVE the blue toilet water after cleaning it. The denture tabs sound like a great idea, but I'd totally miss my blue sudsy water! If I could only get a loyal assistant to help me clean the rest of the house... You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...