Friday, October 28, 2011

Great Date

I had the best date today!  He asked me out late yesterday afternoon and I usually prefer to play hard to get, but he is so cute and I couldn't resist so I said yes right away.  Our date was a little unconventional, it was a morning date instead of your typical evening date but I didn't mind.  I woke up this morning and made sure my hair was styled and my outfit was perfectly put-together-without-looking-like-I-tried-very-hard.  I walked out into the living room and told my date I was ready to go!

Can you guess who my date was?

Here's a hint, I had to drive as I am the one with a license and I had to pay for breakfast as he typically doesn't carry around cash (or a wallet).

The correct answer is, "Who is Daulton?".

Daulton's school had a Wake Up & Read event today and since "reading is my thing" (that's a direct quote), Daulton asked me to go.  I was very excited to go and that he wanted me to be the one to go with him.  Usually Matt or Daulton's mom get to do the school activities and I pack lunches or ask, what they would consider an excessive amount of, questions.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts (my mother, the dietitian, will be mortified when she reads this) for munchkins and we sampled coffee and hot chocolate.  I couldn't help but compare my adult dates with Matt where we have done wine tastings before (ok, technically I taste and he drives) to my dates with Daulton where we discuss the chocolate-ly smell and taste of his hot chocolate. 

Once we got into Daulton's classroom, the lights were out, spooky music was playing, and we read The Haunted Ghoul Bus by flashlight.  We took turns reading and holding the flashlight and ate our munchkins.

I had a great time and like any good date, I am left with that perma-smile (when you walk around all day with a smile you can't wipe off your face) and "I hope he asks me out again" hope.  And since I don't get to do a lot of the school functions, I love getting to see Daulton in the place where he spends the majority of his day.

Like I said, it was a great date!

Like this post?  Sign up to receive new blog posts delivered directly to your inbox!  

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! It sounds like the perfect date!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abs, that's awesome! What a great time it sounds like you both had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, that is so stinkin' cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one stepmommy to another...that is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...