Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Frog Induced Panic

First, it was something breathing outside and then the raccoon.  Last Wednesday, it was a bull frog.  I know what you are thinking, how could I be afraid of a bull frog?  It turns out, very easily.

Matt took Dixie outside for her final bathroom break of the night.  He came back in and asked me to come back outside so he could show me something.  My first thought was, "crap, the raccoon is back".  Instead, he showed me this guy.

I removed the red eye from the picture to make him (or her) less menacing.  Your welcome.


















Matt then placed Daulton's shoe next to the bull frog to show how big he is.  Daulton is currently wearing a size 3 shoe. 


















And then Matt made, in my opinion, the poor choice to pick up the bull frog.  As soon as Matt made a move for it, it started to make its bull frog noise which caused me to panic and then yell at Matt for always trying to pick up wild animals. 

I think I have made it pretty clear that I am easily frightened and have a strong dislike for wild animals on my property.

The bull frog agreed because as soon as Matt had it by the legs it started screaming.  Seriously, it screamed.

My panic then turned to fright and my flight instinct kicked in and I ran inside.  Somehow, I managed to take this picture.  Sorry for the lack of focus, you try to run away while taking a picture. 


















Did I overreact?  Probably.  Will this scenario happen again?  Unfortunately for me, probably. 

The only way this story could have ended happily for me, was if the frog would have peed on Matt.  It did pee, but his reflexes are too fast and he was able to not get peed on.  I know its wrong to wish a frog would pee on my husband, but its the fear talking.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, Ab! These postings are hillarious:) You must have some kind of magnetic personality, OR Matt is some kind of forest animal whisperer;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cracking me up! And I must say after reading these "wild animal" posts, I am glad I live 8 stories up in the middle of a city. The only wild animals I see are pigeons...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha :) Why is it that we live 5 miles apart and none of the wild animals come to my backyard? I'm going to have to back Liz on this one - Matt must be the "forest animal" whisperer :)

    PS - Jodes, I love that you just referred to pigeons as wild animals!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...