Thursday, March 3, 2011

There Is Something Breathing Outside

I wouldn't say that I am afraid of the dark.  Instead I would say I am not a fan of being outside in the dark. 

When I have to take Dixie out at night, I stay in the areas that are lit.  I used to go into the unlight areas, until Matt told me he saw a coyote in the backyard.  Granted the coyote sighting was during the day.  But I refuse to be the first human attacked by a coyote on a residential street with her german shepherd/beagle mix present and on a leash.  And apparently my inner-child believes that if I stay in the light, nothing can get me.

Maybe I am afraid of the dark. 

I took Dixie out last night and I heard something breathing, and it was not Dixie or myself.  Dixie heard it too.  Or at least I am pretty sure she did.  So I did what anyone else would do, I hauled ass inside to tell my husband. 

Me:  "Something is breathing outside."
Matt:  "What?"  (confused look on his face)
Me:  "I was outside with Dixie and I heard something breathing.  It wasn't me and it wasn't Dixie.  It was definitely something else."
Matt:  "Where was it?"
Me:  "Outside.  And its breathing."

So Matt went outside to investigate the situation I had so thoroughly described.  For a long time.  So I went to the front door to investigate Matt who was investigating the something that was breathing outside.  I didn't go outside because, well, it was dark out there.

Dixie and I are at the front door waiting for Matt to come back.  Matt didn't come back, but some lunatic who jumped out from the shadows to scare the living crap out of me did.  It was the kind of scare that makes your heart hurt from the fright.  And I'm pretty sure it skipped a beat or two.  Matt, of course, thought it was hysterical.

As a result of this experience, I will no longer be reporting back to Matt that "something is breathing outside" or going outside, or near the front door when its dark ever again.  There are coyotes and lunatics out there.

Check out my new blog post comparing 1st Grade vs. High School Basketball on the Hendricks Regional Health blog.  My mom is also blogging and you should check out her posts too. 

6 comments:

  1. heehee! Funny story! But I'm on your side...it is a little scary out in the dark walking the dog. A few years ago, I watched _The Lost Boys_ (an 80s vampire movie with Kiefer Sutherland) and wasn't the least bit scared...until I walked outside with Oliver. He kept looking up in the air (unusual for him, and, in the movie, vampires had swooped down onto unsuspecting citizens). Needless to say, we hurried inside right quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle came home a few months and was swearing up and down that he saw 2 coyotes when he pulled in to the neighborhood. I was like nope. They don't live in Avon. Sorry. Crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be scared too, Ab! We had coyotes at our other house, and Brewsky and I encountered one who passed us during a walk. We ran home! They are definitely in Hendricks County. Dogs have a good sense about those things. I would have killed Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! I would have wet my pants when Matt jumped out! NOT NICE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Matt needs to be in charge of taking Dixie out at night from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.
    Dose Pharmacy is one of the leading online medicine store when it comes to choosing the best Online pharmacy in USA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...