Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Now Things Are Really Looking Different

Daulton lost another tooth last night.  Just like the last one, it had been loose for a while and last night he was finally able to pull it out.  I think the corn on the cob we had for dinner also helped to loosen it up.  He is now missing one front top tooth and two lower front teeth.

I don't know how he is going to eat corn on the cob now.  My guess is he will figure out how to make it work.  The boy loves corn on the cob.














Daulton also turned 7 at the end of March.  I cannot believe this kid is 7 years old.  When I met Matt, Daulton was only 3 years old and he was this short, chunky, adorable little boy.  When you looked at him, you wanted to pinch his cheeks and snuggle him all at the same time. 

And now he is a tall, lean, smart and still adorable little man.   He tackled me the other day and I would have fallen over had the couch not been there to hold me up.  He is reading chapter books and no longer wants to hold my hand in public (this one breaks my heart).  I still pinch and kiss his cheeks and try to snuggle him, but he is a little bit more resistant to that now.  He has homework and tests and responsibilities like feeding the dog and returning library books on time.
















Its hard to admit he is growing up.

  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Ab! I can't believe it has been that long since you met Matt and Daulton! I remember it like it was yesterday. I am so glad things are going so well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts on Daulton are my favorite things to read. Your love for him comes through so strongly in them. Such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta admit, Abs, this was hard to read. The girls will be 5 in a few months and I already watch how "big" they are and wonder where the time went. Plus, D is now insistent on walking everywhere - which means I get to hold his little hand all the time. It's hard to imagine a day where he won't want to hold my hand anymore...uh-oh, I feel the tears coming on...don't be surprised when I call you in a few years for mom-advice on how to handle this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...