Monday, March 21, 2011

The First Daffodils of the Season

To me, the first visible sign that spring is here is when the daffodils and tulips start coming up.  Last fall, Matt and I planted 60 tulip and daffodil bulbs and I've been anxiously awaiting their arrival ever since. 

On March 1, 2011 the first shoots started to come up.


















On March 16, 2011 there are buds that are close to being ready to go.























And today, March 21, 2011, the first blooms are here.  It made very happy to come home from work today and see my daffodils blooming. 























Now we wait for the rest of my flowers to bloom. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Yay for spring flowers! :)
    The daffodils here started to pop up right about the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Don't they just make you so happy?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...