Thursday, September 6, 2012

The VMAs Make Me Feel Old

I grew up watching the VMAs and so did Matt.  So naturally when the VMAs were on tonight, we wanted to watch.  I was not prepared for how old I would feel watching the VMAs.

For my mom and everyone else who doesn't know what the VMAs are, the VMAs are the video music awards on MTV.  MTV is the music television network that doesn't play music.  Instead the broadcast the fascinating train wrecks that are Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant, and the Jersey Shore.

The Comments Heard During the VMAs

Throughout the night, there was a lot of "who is that girl?" and "who is that guy?".

Matt:  Who is that?
Me:  Rhianna.
Matt:  I can't tell who these people are with the crazy costumes and sunglasses on.

Did Miley Cyrus and Pink call each other to make sure they had the same hairdo for the VMAs?  Do people still say hairdos?

Matt:  How do those One Direction kids fit into those skinny jeans?
Me:  I don't know, oil and a shoe horn, I guess?
Me:  Daulton, are you ever going to wear skinny jeans?
Daulton:  (quickly and emphatically) NO!

Daulton then informed us that one of the kids from One Direction smokes.  A little girl in his class told him, so obviously this is true... she has a poster of One Direction so she is an expert.

Who is Frank Ocean?

Lil Wayne forgot to pull his pants up before he went on stage.

Someone is going to trip on that skateboard.

Who is 2 Chains?  (Matt knew who he was, I still have no clue.)

Me:  Daulton, why do they call him 2 Chains?
Daulton:  I have no idea!
(He wears 2 chains around his neck, in case you were wondering.  I fear for the future of creativity.)

Green Day looks old!  I thought Green Day was a 3 man band, who is that 4th guy?

MTV now has to clarify which shows are scripted and which are reality?

Why are Wiz Khalifa's pants so short?  Where is the flood Wiz?  (For the record, I had to google how to spell Khalifa.)

I'm disappointed with the Twilight movie preview.  The fight scene at the end is not true to life, and by true to life I mean true to the book.  (That is a direct quote.  At this point Matt had a pained look on his face.  He doesn't like it when I talk Twilight.)

Taylor's shorts are short, but she doesn't look trashy.

What's with the crowd surfing?  I wouldn't want all those people touching me.

Bottom line is, you know you are old when the 8 year old knows more about the people on MTV than you do.





2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! You had me cracking up! We didn't watch, but I'm sure I'd feel way too old watching it too...I hadn't even heard of about half the groups you mentioned in your post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...