Monday, September 3, 2012

Lazy Labor Day Weekend

I left work and my mom's 10th chemo treatment (only 2 more to go!) on Friday with every intention that this was going to be a productive 3 day weekend.  I was even plotting different ways I could sweet talk my husband into tackling some home improvement projects (he won't know I was plotting this until he reads this, hi Matt!).  But I came home on Friday, sat down with a stack of magazines, iPad, remote, and the dog and that was it for me.

We did some laundry and grocery shopping.  I cleaned the bathrooms.  And that was it.

It was wonderful and luxuriously lazy.  We took naps, lounged, watched too much TV, and I'm not proud of the amount of food I ate over the last 3 days but I'm not sorry either.  The rain and overcast weather from Hurricane Issac really helped encourage our slothful behavior.

I went into the long weekend with good intentions but these past 3 days turned out better than I ever could have planned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...