Saturday, April 14, 2012

Here We Go Again

I was single when I bought the house we now live in and one of the selling points of this house was that the lot backs up to a wooded area.  In my single, suburban mind I was thinking "Great! I don't have any neighbors back there".  It never crossed my mind that wooded areas contain woodland creatures.

Yes, this is another animal post.  No, there are no animals living in the garage.  At least not right now.

Matt and Dixie spent at least 30 minutes on Friday evening watching two rabbits in the backyard.  I watched for about 5 minutes because they were just sitting there doing nothing and I got bored.  Matt and Dixie were riveted.

For the 5 minutes I did watch, they were eating, hopping around, and jumping over each other which was  fun to watch.  

But my fun turned to horror when Matt said, "That's it, I'm buying rabbit food".

Here we go again.

Luckily, the rabbits are not babies and there is no chance of capture and housing them in the garage.  Its not a raccoon and they are pretty cute.  And really, once you've had a raccoon living in your garage (part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4) some rabbits in the backyard that your husband may or may not feed and try to befriend are no big deal.





















Some of you may be wondering where the Daulton content is.  There's been a change in the editorial review process and any Daulton related posts will now go through Daulton for approval.  For the story and how we came to this decision, you can read more here.

4 comments:

  1. We have ducks that visit, and it's gotten so crazy that my husband is buying day old loaves of bread from the baker twice a week to feed them. This morning he ran out in his robe to chase away one duck who is causing trouble for the regulars that visit us. If only I'd had my camera...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you need another dog to keep everyone entertained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I predict you're going to have hundreds of rabbits in your backyard soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You apparently have a very hospitable back yard...and husband especially if he is willing to feed them. Though Kira is right, this can only mean many more bunnies in the making!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...