Monday, November 21, 2011

Cheating On Thanksgiving

I can't believe I am admitting this as I am a firm believer that you should celebrate one holiday at a time but my Christmas decorations are out.  I used to berate my mother for playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving and couldn't believe it when I learned my friend Brandi would start listening to Christmas music around Halloween.

I feel like I've cheated on Thanksgiving.

This past weekend was the first weekend in a long time where we didn't have to do anything and it was the best and only time to get the decorations out.  We also hoped it would help us enjoy the holidays more and find our Christmas spirit.  I usually get so overwhlemed with everything that I have to do to prepare for the holidays that I usually turn into Scrooge.  I'm hoping this year is different.

I'm not ready for Christmas music yet but there's something about white lights and garland that makes everything feel a little bit more cozy than usual.  And the tree isn't up yet, so we haven't full embraced Christmas yet.

I'm hoping Thanksgiving will forgive me.





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I feel SO far behind in getting ready for Christmas. This is inspirational;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abs, your house looks beautiful! And very cozy indeed :) We have our trees up, but with lights only, no decorations. Nothing on the mantle, but Christmas books and toys have been out for a few weeks too! I agree, it makes everything feel a bit "jollier" especially at the end of the day when I could usually use some extra jolly :) Glad you are getting in the Christmas spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations look beautiful! We have rearranged furniture and have the tree up (sans ornaments), but there's still lots to do. You are an inspiration! :)
    Then again, I'm with Brandi on singing Christmas carols as soon as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby...this makes me so homesick! Your house looks beautiful. I can't wait until I have all my Christmas decorations out of storage one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks gorgeous! I was traumatized when I saw all the decorations up this year in October, but I should have put the decorations up last weekend while I had the chance. This month is going to be crazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...