Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowpocalypse - The End

I lost track of the days during Snowpocalypse.  Once the snow stopped on Saturday, Matt and Daulton got the walkway and part of the driveway cleared.  Dixie and I joined the boys outside, after the work was finished of course, and all I can say about the snow is that its very deceiving.  You think you can walk on it and you take about 5 steps before you hit the ice and down you go.  On the flip side, the snow does provide some extra cushioning.

I also had a chance to bond with the neighbors as we all had to push the mail lady's truck through the snow and ice after she got stuck.  And for the record, fall number 7 happened in front of my next door neighbors.  They were nice enough to ask if I was okay and once again, my pride suffered the most damage.  I would also like it noted that I did help push the truck out of the snow.

The nice thing about Saturday was that I wasn't the only one falling down.  My total fall count for Snowpocalypse is 10.  Daulton thought it was pretty funny to fall down and most of his falls were self-inflicted.  At one point, Daulton and I fell down at the exact same time.  We both looked at each other, on our butts in the snow and started laughing.

After a brief snowball fight it was time to head inside.  But not before Matt went down while dodging a snowball.  Matt is quick on his feet and has more balance than Daulton and I combined.  Daulton and I were laughing hysterically and even Matt thought it was pretty funny.

The boys attempted to play a little snow baseball but I think Daulton was confused because this looks more like a jump shot than a pitch.








































I am happy Snowpocalypse is over and I think we are all going to appreciate the warmer weather once its comes around.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that picture of Daulton pouting at the camera like that. Looks like you guys had fun surviving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures :) Snowpocalypse was fun (most of the time) but I'm thrilled it's supposed to be high 30s this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They finally plowed our roads!!! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ab, third time trying to comment! Hopefully this works. I love the picture of Daulton above. I am glad you guys were able to shovel a path on the driveway, esp. since you have fallen so much. All your pictures were great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of sad that I missed Snowpocalypse!! And I am impressed that you helped push the truck out of the snow!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...