Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse - Day Two

We survived day two of Snowpocalypse...barely.  Dixie has no clue what to do on the snow and ice.  She was sliding all over the place and refused to go to the bathroom.  I tried once, Matt tried, and I refuse to let her pee in the house so I took her out for a third time.

The third time is not the charm and the trouble began.  The yard and driveway is a thick sheet of ice.  We managed to make it to the side yard and I was hoping Dixie would do her business there.  No such luck so we baby stepped a little further.  No luck.  A few more baby steps, but still nothing.  Before I knew it, we had made it all the way to the end of the house which wouldn't have been a problem except for that's where the downward slope starts.

It was all over for me once we hit the slope.  In the 5 minutes it took me to cover 15 feet, I fell 4 times.  I landed on both wrists, both cheeks (I'm not talking about my face) and even managed to fall on my side (I have no idea who I pulled that off).  The first 2 falls were at the top of the slope.  After fall #2, as I lay on my back wondering if I was still alive I realized that I wasn't going to make it back up the slope the way I came.  So I did what anyone else would do in this situation.  I let the dog pull me down to the bottom on my bottom. 

I blame Dixie for 2 of my falls.  She pulled me, I lost my balance and down I went.  The other 2 falls are a result of my lack of balance.  I tried taking her out this evening and fell down 2 more times.

In case math isn't your strong suit, that's a total of 6 falls for me today.

My pride suffered most of the damage.  My butt, back, and wrists are sore as well with my wrists being the most sore.  And while we haven't discussed it yet, I'm done taking the dog out on the ice and its now Matt's responsibility.  I have clearly proved that I can't stay on my feet and I get pretty whiny when I am hurt, so its in everyone's best interest for me to stay indoors.

On a more positive note, Matt was able to get into his car.  He had to use a small hammer to chip away the ice.  We tried to take a picture to show the thickness of the ice, but its hard to see with the transparent ruler.  Matt thinks there was 3/4" of ice on his car.  The picture we took is of the thinnest pieces of ice on the car.


















I took this picture this evening to show the shininess that is our street and yard. 


















Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I will be able to stay on my feet. 

2 comments:

  1. haha :) Thanks for sharing - I needed a laugh after day 2 indoors. In an attempt to "clear" our driveway (HA!) Nick loosened a piece of the ice from our skating rink, I mean driveway, that was over 1" thick and brought it in for the kids to see.

    Oh, and the pics from yesterday are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures, Ab! This ice is crazy and one people will remember for a long time. Your pictures are great:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...