Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I recently watched the Oprah episode where she gives everyone in her audience a few of her favorite things.  While I won't be giving you, dear reader, any fabulous prizes or 7 day cruises, the show did get me thinking about what I wanted for Christmas this year.  Unlike Daulton who gets to shop in the stack of toy catalogs my mom and I collected, I do my shopping on the internet.


Skybar One Wine Chiller & Dispenser

A device that aerates and chills my wine to the appropriate temperature and then dispenses it straight into my glass?  Yes please. This would look great on my kitchen counter and I can see it filled with malbecs and merlots in the winter and rieslings in the spring.

At $399.99, this is probably not going be showing up under the Christmas tree but a girl can still dream.

If you are looking for a wine related gift for me, I am currently obsessed with malbec wines from Argentina and Chile.  (Try The Gaucho Club Malbec, its amazing!)  If you love red wine, you have to try malbec.  Its red deliciousness in a bottle.  Buy a bottle for yourself and one for me!


Frame the Date

I came across this site a few months ago and have been lusting after it ever since.  I would love to have this with my wedding date (4/24/2010) in the black frame.  I like the idea of adding a picture but I think I would love it just as much without the picture, so I can go either way with it.

And, if we have this hanging up in the house there is no reason for anyone to forget our anniversary.



Key to the Perfect Locket by HannaKinsey

This necklace is from my friend Hanna's Etsy shop, HannaKinsey.  I love that it looks like a family heirloom and I would always wonder what it unlocked.  Is it a key to an old trunk filled with treasures or to a safety deposit box filled with money.  Who knows?  But I do know I would spend many hours daydreaming about what the key would unlock.







Kinsey Necklace by HannaKinsey

Another favorite from the HannaKinsey Etsy shop.  Normally, I am not a bird person but this necklace reminds me of Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.  If you haven't read the Hunger Games trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay) yet you are missing out.  Run, do not walk, to the book store, library, internet, whatever and get your hands on these books and read them immediately (and then call me to discuss).  I promise you its an amazing series and well worth the read.  Its also interesting that it was Hanna who suggested the Hunger Games to me and then created, in my opinion, the perfect representation of those books.  This necklace reminds me of the Mockingjay pin Katniss wears.  Talking about the Hunger Games and looking at this necklace makes me want to read the entire series again. 


Kylie Messenger Bag

Years ago, pre-Matt, I had a major purse problem.  (If you ever saw my mother's shoe collection you would understand that it wasn't my fault.  I inherited these genes!)  I bought new purses constantly and was physically unable to walk away from a cute bag.  And then I signed a 30 year mortgage, met my husband and step-son, and I realized I had to stop buying handbags like they were candy.

I have since gotten rid of a few purses and I haven't bought a new one in years.  I would love to have a bag that would allow me to shop "hands free" since I could wear it messenger style.  There would also be room for all of my stuff, my Nook if I ever get a chance to read for fun again, and whatever else I need to carry.

I am also considering the Beverly bag from the same shop.

Can you tell I have been window shopping on Etsy a lot?

Initials & Wedding Date with Pearl & Wedding Ring Charm

This speaks to my newlywed heart.  I love the simplicity and the personalization.  And if you know anyone else who got married this year, this would be a great gift for them as well.  But if you are only going to buy one, buy one for me!

The Vintage Pearl also has a similar styles.  And I would love to have the dainty drops necklace with Daulton's name and birthstone.

My last Etsy store, I promise.  I am also loving the LapDeskLady's shop and since I love to work from my recliner I am sure I would get great use out of her lap desks.  I also love the customized stationary and address labels. 


iPad

Yes, I admit it.  I want an iPad.  I love the apps and how it fits in my hand.  I love that I could use it for work and for home.  I can see myself handing it to Daulton to watch movies on it during long car rides. 

I don't need the 3G version, wi-fi only would suit me just fine.  But I am going to need the 64GB model.  And maybe an iTunes gift card to buy a few apps and movies for Daulton.

If money were no object, I would buy 2 iPads.  One for me and one for the boys.  I know how we are and we won't want to share.  Having 2 would allow me to take one to work and still leave one at home for the guys to use.

As the holidays approach, its always fun to look through the catalog and internet for the "I would love to have that" items.  Its also a great time to appreciate the things you already have.

For me its a husband who loves and supports me, a step-son who makes me laugh and teaches me patience, parents who love me and have helped shape the person I am today, siblings who taught me to fight for what's important and let the little stuff go, and friends who accept me for who I am.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you SO MUCH about Malbecs...they are yummy in the extreme! :)

    Also, my husband recently purchased an iPad, and I can see why we might need two. It's rather wonderful...and the app Angry Birds is horribly, amazingly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! What a great way to get your Christmas list out there ;) Hope you don't mind me using this idea on my own blog! I look forward to indulging myself online :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! And that wine dispenser...AMAZING! I think you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! You have made my day! Not just one mention, I got TWO:) Thrilling. And having just bought an iPod Touch, I completely agree about the addictive-ness of Angry Birds and the inability to share. Nathan has gotten maybe an hour on the iPod since we bought it for the Turkey trip. I have completely claimed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Abby! I love the Christmas list...and since my bday is only 3 months away, I will be forwarding this to Nick in case he needs some help with gift ideas!! Oh, and I ordered my mom a necklace eerily similar to the one in your post with AC and D's names and birthstone dangles from etsy for Christmas - she Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...